Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Yes, It Could Have Been Worse, But Still....

This will be short and sweet as I have a toddler wanna-be in my arms.

Tonight began like any other night. We got home, I gave Baby Girl a bath, a bottle, which she struggled with, and then put her on the pump. She was kinda fussy. With Evie, she fusses for about 5 min, then usually goes straight to sleep. This time was no exception. Except that 15 min later I hear rustling, so I give it a minute and hear more fussing. So I go in and check on her, and she had pulled her tube out. She had been asleep i know, and then in her sleep, I guess, pulled it out. I figure the bath removed some of the adhesive on the tape and when sucking on her fingers/paci somehow she missed her mouth and grabbed it out. This poses 2 very different problems:

#1. Praise God she is still with us. I am so thankful she pulled it all the way out and not just part of the way because she would have died. No doubts. Because I wouldn't have heard her, and it would have slowly drowned her.

#2. Now she is awake, and playing, praise God, and I have to reinsert that blasted tube when I really dont want to, on account of her safety.

What do I do? Leave it out and not get sleep anymore, like before, or trust that she will be "ok"?

1 comment:

  1. Brittany, call someone and get advice. I don't have any experience with tubes, and so can't help with this. But I am thinking of you all and will be watching for your next post. I have a feeling that, if I'd had the opportunity to feed Jena through a tube, I'd be staying awake tonight just to be sure she was OK if she'd pulled the tube out like Evie did. Hang in there, and call me anytime if you need to talk. Janet L in Denton

    ReplyDelete