Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 28, 2010

Ahhh, finally

Looking back on today, I must say it has been the best one in a long time. I went to the Dr today and am feeling much better, I got to hang out with some awesome ladies from Lifegroup and their 2 precious boys, and Bro Mark, Brookwood's Pastor, prayed for our little family. I just happened upon him. And actually, out of embarrassment, I wasn't even going to ask him, but one of my good friends stepped up and asked him to pray with me. He was so kind, listened to our story, and then took the time to give me 2 scripture verses that he wanted me to claim, so, here goes:

Psalm 34:7- The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them.

Psalm 32:7- You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance

These 2 verses really do mean a lot to me. I am not worried that she will die. This I know for certain. Evangeline is surrounded by a constant medical care team who really do care about her well being. I speak with her Drs weekly and they always tell me if I have any questions or concerns to call and we can discuss the issue.

The issue that I am having, is the unknown. I live day to day, hour by hour, not knowing if this is the day that will land us a trip to the hospital. I don't know what her future holds. What our future holds.

These 2 verses remind me to let God be my hiding place. I should not fear the unknown, because God will always deliver us. Even if we do find ourselves in a situation that is scary and may perhaps be painful for her and for us, we can lean on God's understanding, and know that one day, we will see his hand in all of this.

My Dr reminded today that Evie is here for a reason. I may not know why God has chosen our family to protect this precious little one, but I know that she will touch someone's life. This whole time I have been thinking about how this will affect us, our family. But I had not thought about how we, as a family, could touch someone's life through our struggles. I truly hope that someone can gain from what we are going through. That would make it worthwhile.

We had a medical breakthrough today, as well.(I hope I am not getting excited prematurely) Evangeline has been sick for 11 days, and is still sick, however, her Pediatrician prescribed a new medicine that is an antacid. I must say, I believe this to be a miracle drug. Every evening, for several weeks now, from around 10:00- 12:00 she has been crying uncontrollably and is inconsolable. When I spoke with her Dr this morning I asked him about this. He immediately called in AXID. I am not one to want to medicate her unnecessarily, as she is already on 4 other medications/supplements. However, I am so grateful for this one. I gave it to her at 10:00. Then, She drank her entire bottle in 15 min. She has not done this in at least 11 days, since she has been sick. She immediately fell asleep and slept until 12:00 where I gave her another bottle, also finished in 15 min, then fell right to sleep. I am amazed. This night has been awesome. I am so used to her being so fussy and she ate really well, and went to sleep. As I stated before, I really hope I am not speaking prematurely. Afterall, it could be a fluke, and tomorrow she may go back to her heinous ways: screaming and crying. I am hoping this isn't the case.

I have decided to get Dr Vaughn a Christmas gift. He really deserves it. Heck, I may find out when his birthday is and give him a gift then as well. The bottom line is, I know we pay him for his services, but he does an awful lot for our family, for only $15.00 a visit. I can tell he truly cares for Evangeline, and his nursing staff as well. I could never thank him enough for the wonderful care he provides.

While they may never read this, I want to say thankyou to 2 men who really touched my life today:

Thank you Bro. Mark for praying with me today. Brookwood is so large, and even though we have only spoken a couple of times, you really touched my life and changed it for the better. Thank you for letting God use you to minister to the needy. You will truly be missed!

Thank you Dr. Vaughn for providing Evie with the best care possible. I am so thankful that God led us to you. I would hope that other Drs would be as caring and concerned for her well being, but I am so glad I don't have to find out. You will always be remembered in our family for touching Evie's life in such a positive way. By the way, I look forward to speaking with you, again, tomorrow. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment