Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace,
How Sweet the Sound,
Amazing Love,
Now flowing down

From hands and feet
that were nailed to a tree
Your Grace Flows down and covers me.



This song now has so many meanings. As I was singing and rocking Evie Grace, I believe I was having an intimate conversation with Our Father. He reminded me of all the things that he has saved me from, and how his Grace has covered me. Then I began thinking about my sweet Evie Grace, who I was holding in my arms. My Amazing Evie Grace. And how much we have been through together. God seemed to say that his love is with us, and always will be. Even as I type this, I'm not even sure that it makes sense. But somehow, God has touched me tonight, in such a way that I have never experienced before.

I have so many doubts and fears about her. I keep wondering about her condition and how it will affect our little family. I sat in my rocking chair, silent tears falling, while silent prayers were sent upward. God brought to mind another song. This song is one that I'm sure everyone knows and sings, but for some reason, the words never really meant anything to me. That is, until tonight. This old hymn, Great is Thy Faithfulness. It was as if God was answering back to me about all my fears and questions, in this one, hundred year old song.

Great is thy faithfulness
Great is thy faithfulness

Morning by Morning New Mercies I see
All I have needed thy hands hath provided

Great is thy Faithfullness
Lord unto Me.

Music has always reached me. Ever since I was little, I can remember wanting to touch God's heart through music and sharing that with others. However, I am not sure if it will ever touch my heart, like it did this evening.I know I am scared, and still have many, many doubts. But I know whatever our family goes through, God will still provide all that we need. I still find it amazing that the God of the universe cares about our little family, living in our little city, and on our little suburban street.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! All I can say is..How Beautiful! Just reading this makes me want to be better. A better Christian, mom, and person. Such a blessing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks Sawyer. I just wanted to share my heart. I am so glad it ministered to you. Our God is so amazing he can use one experience to touch 3 people. (me, you, and Evie) Thanks for responding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Sawyer. Before I even read her comment, I was thinking the same thing she said...this post is so beautiful!

    What a beautiful moment you had with God. And how amazing that He loves you (& all of us) so much to give you that sense of His presence & love in such an overwhelming way!

    It made my heart happy that He made you so happy!!

    And (after reading your most recent post), I hope you can remember how true all of this still is.

    Your situation is bringing to mind a song that has really been with me lately. It's "Safe" by Phil Wickham (I'm sure you've probably heard it), and the chorus says "...when everything is falling apart, you will be safe in His arms." I hope in the middle of everything that you can rest in that and know it's true & EXPERIENCE it, that y'all truly are held in His arms & cared for & loved so much by Him.

    ReplyDelete