Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 23, 2010

Wow. Can I do this?

Ok, so after last night's little mishap with Evie projectile vomiting, I obviously was concerned. We did everything right as far as adjusting her feedings so that she got little bits throughout the night. Thankfully my Mom came over and helped ALL NIGHT! Whew! I was actually able to get some sleep. I function so much better when I sleep even a little bit. This was the first time in a long time that I got 5 hrs of almost consecutive sleep. I would wake up and check on her then go right back to sleep! Mom was a big help!!! I called her Ped. first thing this morning, and of course he had to call back, but he did pretty well. We weren't in a crisis so I wasn't too concerned, just so he called before going home for the weekend. I asked him what he thought we should do and we both came to the same consensus. That I should feed her every 2 hrs day and night. Now upon first hearing this, it doesn't sound too bad. After all, breastfed babies are usually fed at 1 1/2 to 2 hours at a time so whats the big deal? Well, we cannot let her sleep. Usually BF babies can sleep up to 4 hrs if they pretty much choose to. With Evie and LCHAD, she has to have a constant supply of food so that her Blood Sugar doesn't drop. I am hoping we can do this for a couple of weeks, then go back to the 3 hr feedings. Hopefully thats all it will take for her to grow out of it. I sure am going to miss sleeping!! Forgive me if I become cranky. Things may be a little hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment